WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
Utopia’s future Head of Funds will play an essential role in developing one of the company’s most prominent business units. The trend of funds entering into the Music Industry shows us the enormous potential of this part of the industry, and we want you to lead the way through it. Music Copyrights are seen as one of the world’s best assets right now, and we want you to ride that wave and show us the path into this part of the ecosystem. Your primary responsibilities will be to identify new potential partners, nurture relationships with existing funds, spot trends, develop solutions in collaboration with other teams, and lead the business unit.
FOCUS OF THE ROLE
- Develop our offering commercially towards music investors (as a data partner to the catalog funds).
- Be accountable for Utopia Music AG’s commercial relationships towards funds that are strategically structured (e.g., fund entity or have a clear long term strategy to invest in music from their balance sheet).
- Work closely with the data team and product team of Utopia Music to serve our clients with best of breed data.
- Identify new commercial opportunities for our clients and for the company based on our data or new data sets to be acquired.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Strong commercial mindset and experience from the investment industry, or working as a data provider to the investment industry.
- Sales and customer-facing experience.
- Ability to start big things, lead through early and later growth stages.
- Problem solver.
- Commercial minded.
- Understanding the music industry in terms of assets.
- Experience in dynamic asset pricing and yield detection across various industries.
- Strong experience in working with financial data and financial data products.
- Experience in distributing high value add services to the financial industry.
- A network of decision-makers in alternative investments area globally.
- Ability to execute in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Has an ability to make decisions with the non – complete data set.
- Great cross-functional business partner to other teams at Utopia.
- Get more work done than an average high performer in less time.
We come from different backgrounds and we welcome everyone who finds theirself in previously written to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! 🙂