NAPCO Media (www.napco.com), a subsidiary of PRINTING United Alliance (www.printing.org), is a fast-paced B2B media organization serving industries ranging from printing and promotional products to nonprofit and retail. We specialize in the creation and cross-channel distribution of exceptional content on print and digital platforms such as newsletters, magazines, podcasts, social media, and events. Our mission is to build community between the audiences and clients we serve.
In our hiring process, our goal is to develop and retain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they are respected, treated fairly and given equal opportunity to excel in their careers.
NAPCO Media recognizes our employees are our greatest asset and our benefits package is designed to take good care of our employees. Along with a competitive salary, the comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision programs, company-paid life and disability insurance, paid time off/paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with generous company match and a wide variety of additional benefits.
This is a detail-oriented and project management-heavy position. The production and online editor will work directly with the managing editor to ensure swift and accurate completion of projects within tight deadlines. In between publications, there will be opportunities for working on custom projects, writing bylined articles, blogs, business-to-business news reporting for a number of online newsletters, and organizing and writing departments for multiple publications.
The job is editing-intensive, so a strong grasp of spelling and grammar is necessary. Applicants should be skilled writers since the position requires both original composition and content revision on high quantities of copy. Knowledge of AP style is preferred.
- Copyedit/proof pages during production; moving articles through the production process in InCopy, ready proofs for B+W, make changes in InCopy
- Regularly report, write, and post online news in various formats
- Manage content production and distribution through newsletters
- Manage contributors and bloggers: conduct outreach to industry experts and edit submissions
Posting news to a web content management system for daily e-newsletters
Launch e-newsletters according to schedules
Manage websites across all brands
Put together monthly digital edition newsletters
Manage converting the print magazine to the website
Writing web-friendly heads, decks, add links, and SEO copy
Attend magazine idea meetings and liaise with team editors to create new content for the website
Write feature articles for Printing Impressions, Packaging Impressions, Wide-Format Impressions, and In-plant Impressions
Develop specific departments for print editions – Ad index, TOC, social, news, etc.
Assist when needed on print products
Travel as needed to appropriate industry events to research/build industry knowledge and foster connections with potential authors and/or sources
- Education/Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Writing or related field
- 2 to 4 years of writing/editing/journalism experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal staff and external customers
Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook; Adobe — InCopy, InDesign; )
Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Excellent writing, reporting, and editing skills
- Energetic, self-motivated, highly professional
- Ability to generate and develop topic ideas for a variety of media formats
- Ability to understand and utilize analytics for content development
- Familiarity with AP style
- Experience with social media platforms, SEO, CMS, newsletter deployment preferred
NAPCO Media is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, political affiliation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.